CJ

Default workshop machines revisited

I don't know how close this might be to your needs or preference, but
I often remember a potential bargain when I see one, even if it's not
something I could make use of myself.

It may make your day, with any luck, here's hoping anyway!

Thanks for that. I had a look at the Screwfix site the other day, and they
seem to have some good stuff at reasonable prices. This one looks good but
the capacity is less than the Axminster one
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...69101&id=97825 I think one
of the local tool shops has a Screwfix agency but they don't stock any
machinery, probably would get it for me as a special though.

I tend to shy away from anything billed as a site saw/planner whatever as
that generally means the manufacturers have put it together with stuff left
over from other projects, like 1 1/8" bearings on 1" spindles so you end up
with a wobble saw etc.

I am also trying to stick with one supplier as it makes shipping, insurance
etc., easier. And I know people who have used Axminster before with good
service.

Don't need to carve a penguin if it's cooked right ;-)

Chris