Joseph Meehan

Default Whole house Humidifier questions.

Once a year media replacement. I also wipe it out when I replace it.
In the spring I turn it off (one lever, shut off the water supply and turn
the control to off. It takes about five minutes total with the media
replacement, about one minute without.

The media has a bacteria inhibitor built in. That and the design which
rinses it as it is used, seems to take care of everything. I paid $8.00 for
a third party media this year and it seems to be working fine. I would say
the OE appeared to be a little better @ $19.95

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Joel" wrote in message
ink.net...
What kind of annual maint/expense does the Aprilair unit require? What

about
mold and bacteria buildup? Is that an issue with these units?

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news
I agree with wayne.

I will add that the AprilAir seems to be the most respected unit.

On
that basis I bought one and have not been sorry.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Joel" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm looking for a whole house humidifier, instead of individual units

that
need constant watering and cleaning.

I'm unable to get solid assessment of any of these units, pro or cons,

from
sources other than hearsay or guesses.

Anyone out there have experience or can point to comparisons and risks

of
these units.

Some of the stuff I've heard is that the atomizing units will put a

white
dust into my ducts. The "disc" units will harbor and promote mold

growth
within my ducting, and that most of the moisture will never make it

out
of
the register. Same has been said for the atomizing units as well.

Anyone got any answers?