Gary Brown

Default Fence responsibilty?

wrote in message
The only reference to a fence is from a survey drawing from the
title company. It shows a wooden fence drawn on the property
line. This fence is no longer there. It was replaced a couple of
years ago. The only notification I got about the new fence was a
notification that I should pay for half. I refused on the reasoning
that the fence is only there because of his pool.

In the future, if the fence requires repair, and my neighbor asks for
help with the cost, what should my response be?

Notification from your neighbor to pay half?

Pool owners have a responsibility to have a fence by code. Since its
obvious this is why the fence is placed, I would check with your zoning to
see if a fence can be _on_ the line. In my area, you can go upto, but not
on the line.

I would tell the lunkhead to move the fence if you're not allowed to be on
the line. Neighbor has a set of 16lb balls to ask you to help with the
repairs.

Tell s/he if they want to own a pool, they have to accept the
responsibilities that go with it.