Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Took the guard off my big strimmer

Bill Wright wrote:
On 19/05/2018 20:25, Jim K wrote:
Bill Wright Wrote in message:
It's much better. I can get it into all sorts of corners and even on
open ground it's much faster. First time out I got a broken ankle from a
half-brick and a mouth full of dog ****, but hey, it was worth it. Off
to A & E now.

Bill

You did video this didn't you?

Tried to do a video selfie but dropped the iPhone and it nearly got well
strimmed.

Bill

Very silly thing I once did when young was attach a small circular saw
blade to one of those flexidrives you can use with a drill by mounting the
blade on a nut and bolt that was gripped by the chuck.
Intention was to use it in a confined space.
The chuck didnt grip the bolt terribly well and before long the blade
detached and bounced around the space like some sort of oriental weapon.
I was lucky to get away with just a minor cut.

GH