Michael Chare

Default Screw in sink

"Nozza" wrote in message
I have a kitchen sink made from plastic - it is has a main sink for
washing up, and then a smaller sink right next to it, on the right,
for, er, well, I don't know.

The sink is made from white plastic. All has worked fine for the past
7 years. Until today. When I notice that water is dripping out from
underneath the sink into the cupboard underneath.

On close inspection I notice that there is now a screw missing in the
plug hole, and that the gubbins underneath the unit is no longer
tightly affixed to the underside of the unit.

Is there a standard size plastic screw for this - to go through the
middle of the plug hole and tighten the whole thing together? If so,
what's it called, and where can I get one. I don't really want to
replace the whole sink for the sake of a screw.

Try a decent plumbers merchant. Also it may be worth while contacting sink
manufacturer. When I bought a Franke sink that part came with the sink in a
separate package as it is part of a purpose made assembly to connect to the sink
overflow. My guess is that the screw will be a metric thread and that any
stainless steel (or brass) screw would make do. If the screw that you buy is to
long you can always cut it down.

Where is the old screw now? have you looked in the U bend or what ever trap you
have?

Michael Chare

Thanks

Noz
--
Email nozza underscore wales at yahoo co uk