Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Small trailer cover ideas

David wrote:
Many years ago I made a temporary trailer cover from one of those cheap
blue plastic woven sheets, some plastic "bang together" green eyelets and
a length of bungee cord. Oh, and Gaffer Tape reinforced corners.

I need a new trailer cover. I could produce a similar version if I can
find all the bits in the mountain of crap but I am looking at alternatives
which might also make the trailer more secure.
The first thought is a piece of marine ply with wooden bits (batten?) to
fit inside the trailer and possibly a hinge/padlock arrangement.
Anyone done this kind of thing or made/bought another type of cover?

Trailer is approximately 1250 mm long by 1050 mm wide external
measurements.

1st thought is a rigid cover like that doesnt allow any chance of of
squeezing something a little higher than normal whereas a flexible cover
with bungees or similar can be stretched a little, and in doing so can
apply a bit of downward pressure that holds a load in place.
A timber top wont and any load under it may need additional securing
measures to stop it sliding about.

GH