Alan

Default C/H Problem - New pump solves it after 6 months!

In message , Niall
wrote

I have a similar problem trying to get my vehicle maintained. The
industry is geared to customers who won't accept that something needs
replaced until it physically falls off, not even then if the vehicle
can function in some manner without it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

For safety reasons it may be prudent to replacing brake parts etc.at the
recommended service intervals but replacing components just for the sake
of it may not make your car more reliable.

I OTOH want anything which is not certain to last to the next service,
replaced.

Most people expect the engine in a modern car to last until it goes to
the scrap yard - but it may fail before the next service! Is it better
to change it, just in case?
--
Alan