Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default quality bandages

A few general comments about, otherwise, healthy people having heart attacks: I and others think there is common sense relevance to these comments/assumptions.

Athletes think they are invincible, to some extent. If you are in, seemingly, good shape, then you have nothing to worry about, medically.

Some of these folks don't recognize some symptoms/issues that are suggestive or serious. They may experience mild(?) symptoms, but dismiss them... they are part and party to rigorous training; No pain, no gain mentality.

I played college ball. I had this macho mentality. Until age 40, I was playing pickup games at the local gyms. I was in great shape.... so I thought. No family history of heart disease, etc., etc.

I had my first heart attack while mowing grass. Unlike an average person, I recognized the symptoms, stopped mowing and drove myself to the nearest hospital.

Another athlete having a heart attack is Pete Maravich.

Sonny