StoneD

Default Heat Keeps Shutting Off - Resolution

Warning.
If they shutdown and locked the system when they found the cracks in
the heat exchanger, then you are dealing with pure crooks. It is all
a ruse to make you buy a new system from them.

Never, never, never call them back and tell everyone you know to
never use that company of crooks again.

Now, if they ran the system and checked the heated rooms with a
carbon monoxide detector and it checked over the allowable limit, then
gave you some options on repairs, that is another story.

Stone

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:59:41 GMT, "Frontier"
wrote:

Well, the repair people came out today and found a number of cracks in the
heat exchange. What was happinging was that one of the cracks was right by
the overheat switch/sensor and the heat escaping kept tripping it.

Thanks to all those who added comments.

"Frontier" wrote in message
I am having trouble with keeping the heat on in our home. The heat will
come on, as normal, but the blower and heat will shut down before reaching
the temperature at which the thermostat is set and the thermostat

continues
to flash "heat" as if it thinks the unit is still on. This normally

happens
when the outside temperature gets below about 20 F.

We called in the heating people and they determined that the valve was

shot
from doing a test that showed that little gas was getting to the furnace.
This was right after Thanksgiving. We had a warm spell and it seemed to

be
working OK, but the last few days have been colder and it is happening
again.

The odd thing is that sometimes it will run for hours and work fine, as
happened last night. I got up during the night to find the temperature in
the house at 64. I turned the heat off (to reset the thoermostat) and

back
on and it ran for a number of hours.

Just a few minutes ago I turned it on after replacing the filter, and it

ran
for about 10 minutes before shutting off, with "heat" still flashing on

the
thermostat.

Any ideas?