Niall

Default C/H Problem - New pump solves it after 6 months!

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:42:58 +0000, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

Eventually, I insisted that one of the engineers fitted a new pump to
test my theory, and it seems to have worked a treat.

What a job I had to get one of them to do it! I had to insist that it be
done, and that I wouldn't be upset if it didnt work.

I guess that I am probably luck to have such honest engineers, who dont
want to spend my money unnecessarily, but it has been a frustrating 6
months with sporadic, or no heat.

Why am I writing this?? Well, I suppose it is to say that there seems to
be no real way of diagnosing the cause of a problem with certainty, and
it may be necessary to spend money on a number of possible cures in
order of reasonableness, in order to exclude particular things.

You are up against the problem that most of the GBP are totally unable
to grasp this point, and also expect everything to have an infinite
life. Tradesmen rapidly learn this.

I have a similar problem trying to get my vehicle maintained. The
industry is geared to customers who won't accept that something needs
replaced until it physically falls off, not even then if the vehicle
can function in some manner without it.
I OTOH want anything which is not certain to last to the next service,
replaced.

--
Niall