Posted to rec.woodworking

Default quality bandages

On Sun, 13 May 2018 17:05:35 -0700 (PDT), Rick the antique guy
wrote:

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 6:40:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2018 09:24:58 -0400, J. Clarke
wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2018 06:07:13 -0700 (PDT), patrick
wrote:

Well, if the splitting of the skin at the nail edge/tip means I have advanced heart disease then I've been going downhill since I was 11 YO (now 67) and it first was noticed... Thanks for the info though. Regards, Pat

One of my coworkers has had that for as long as he can remember. If
he has heart trouble I want the same heart trouble--he runs 7 miles
every morning before work and climbed Everest a few years back.

You might want to reconsider. Remember Jim Fixx? It's not unusual
and in fact, runners have *more* heart issues than those, who are
active but not distance runners. It's known that runners have a
higher instance of AFib, for instance, than the general population. A
few of tons of articles.

https://www.runnersworld.com/newswire/heart-risk-marathoners-have-larger-plaques-in-arteries
https://www.active.com/articles/new-study-cites-link-between-marathon-running-and-some-heart-attack-factors

What a subject.
I'm in a quandry at 68.
I still feel great and I'm not going to worry about living a short or long life.
I'm more worried about becoming a miserable old f.than going out a happy younger one.
Maybe it's going to be a fatal flaw but I haven't been for a checkup for 10 years and have no plans to do so for another 10.
My grandparents went this route and quit smoking in their 50's .
I quit in my 30's they all drank a shot of brandy or bourbon a while before bed , which I practice.
They lived into their mid to late 90's
My folks were tied into the medical system with vials of pills and daily pill box doses.
My mom started in her 50's and lived to 63.
My dad didn't start the pill thing until his late 70's and then he had every ailment under the sun until and passed at 87.
I must admit my generation and the younger ones have had a lot more crap chemicals in our food most of our lives.
While yhe 80-100 year olds have not had as much, maybe.
Who knows it's a crap shoot .
So I just shoot for happy and let nature take it's course .
O.K.,so I'm foolishly happy for now!

In any case, I don't care about runners' problems. I couldn't do 7
miles on my best day. And then there's the question, do runners have
more problems or do people with problems become runners. One of the
astronauts fixed his heart problem by going for a run, every time it
acted up he went out and ran and it calmed down. One of my professors
started running _after_ he had a heart attack and worked up to 10
miles a day.