Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 05:11:53 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/12/2018 01:59 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And I though the USA had way more channels. I can get about 200
channels without paying a penny in the UK.

I've never been much of a TV watcher but I can't remember ever living
anyplace where there were more than five or six broadcast channels. We
used to have 6 but the sixth was some sort of Christian thing that never
figured out how to do digital.

You can get about 100 here through an aerial with "digital freeview". Sure, you're supposed to pay the thieving license fee which only funds one TV company, the BBC, but apart from that they're free, no subscriptions, no encryption.

Cable has a lot. When I'm traveling it sometimes takes me ten minutes to
spool through the hundred of so channels on the motel TV before deciding
they are all utter **** or show stupid ads every five minutes.

Don't they realise showing 6 minutes of ads doesn't sell twice as much as 3 minutes of ads? People get ****ed off and leave the room or fast forward it. They should just have one or two ads per break, then people might just sit and watch them.

The best you can hope for is EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network).
They feature nuns praying the rosary; very soothing and no ads other
than the implied ad for the Big Kahuna.

I'd only watch that if the nuns were naked.

--
A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.