Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sun, 13 May 2018 04:53:41 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/12/2018 01:57 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Ebay is much cheaper for everything and has more stuff available, and
you can tell where it's coming from, and they tell you what the shipping
cost is. If I search for stuff on Amazon, the postage isn't included in
the search results, there's less stuff available, I can't tell who's
sending it, it costs more, and their feedback system is unclear.

If it's Prime, it's 'free'.

I have no desire to pay a large amount of money just to get freepost.

They will often point out that it's cheaper
from other sources but often the shipping costs make up the difference..

If I search on Ebay for a widget, I can sort by price. Where the price includes the postage. So I don't get someone selling something for £50 + £10 postage listed before someone selling at £55.

Also the third party sources don't have the world by the balls so the
delivery time is a week to ten days rather than two days.

I've gotten some obvious Chinese knock-offs from Amazon sellers; one
email and the problem is resolved. usually they tell me to keep the
crap, refund the price, and kick the seller off their marketplace.

Hey, I'm an American and I want instant two day gratification, not
waiting for a slow boat to China so I'll forget why I wanted it by the
time it arrives.

I have gotten some stuff from eBay, generally strange stuff like laptop
keyboards that normally don't show up for sale.

--
"The most dangerous thing in the world is to try to leap a chasm in two jumps" -- David Lloyd George, former UK Prime Minister