Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:44:46 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 08:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Not exactly. It's cheaper to produce TV shows in Vancouver which is up the coast from Californiastan. I imagine it's still close enough for American actors to travel without too much trouble to make it to acting jobs. ^_^

I'm having a senior moment but there was one cop show that was set in LA
but filmed in Vancouver. Other than hanging a banner that said 'Port of
Long Beach' on a warehouse they made absolutely no attempt to disguise
Vancouver right down to showing a map of Vancouver when they were
tracking a suspect.

I mean even Justified edited the orange groves out of Arlo's Kentucky
home and 'Sons of anarchy' did a lot of colorization to make a southern
California highway look like Ireland.

And much of "designated survivor" is filmed in Cambridge Ontario - in
the old Galt section - only about 20 miles from here.