Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/12/2018 01:57 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Ebay is much cheaper for everything and has more stuff available, and
you can tell where it's coming from, and they tell you what the shipping
cost is. If I search for stuff on Amazon, the postage isn't included in
the search results, there's less stuff available, I can't tell who's
sending it, it costs more, and their feedback system is unclear.

If it's Prime, it's 'free'. They will often point out that it's cheaper
from other sources but often the shipping costs make up the difference.
Also the third party sources don't have the world by the balls so the
delivery time is a week to ten days rather than two days.

I've gotten some obvious Chinese knock-offs from Amazon sellers; one
email and the problem is resolved. usually they tell me to keep the
crap, refund the price, and kick the seller off their marketplace.

Hey, I'm an American and I want instant two day gratification, not
waiting for a slow boat to China so I'll forget why I wanted it by the
time it arrives.

I have gotten some stuff from eBay, generally strange stuff like laptop
keyboards that normally don't show up for sale.