Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/12/2018 01:55 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2018 20:27:08 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/12/2018 12:56 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I have a 7" Fire tablet and I bought the protective housing for it
after I dropped it a few times. Now I drop it all the time but the
case protects it. I've been watching the Andromeda TV series on the
little 7" tablet when I visit the toilet to drop a load of Readymix.
I used to take a magazine or newspaper(remember them) with me to the
bathroom when I needed to rid myself of toxic solid waste. Ain't
technology amazing? ^_^

I was watching Andromeda. Netflix had the first season but not the rest.
I got up to Season 2, Episode 8 on Amazon and it wouldn't play. A popup
said I needed a ComicCon subscription, $4.99 a month after a 7 day free
trial. I think Season 3 is still available.

A guy was bitching about another scifi show he had been watching that
suddenly required a subscription. Apparently ComicCon bought the rights
to some of the old shows and are trying to capitalize.

https://variety.com/2017/digital/new...hq-1202601338/

What ****es me is I'm guessing the buck stops at Lionsgate; I doubt Lexi
Doig and the others are getting big royalty checks.

Google "piratebay"

I'm pretty sure Lexi doesn't get dime one from TPB either...
Intellectually I'm glad places like TPB exist; practically it's not
important enough to me to bother.