Posted to rec.woodworking
patrick patrick is offline

Default quality bandages

As a guy that in the drier months, has frequent splits in the skin along the edge of the fingernail, I've used finger protection tape for a while. The last brand I bought (multiroll pack 12 rolls/pack) "bantex" cohesive gauze by brasel products, turns out to be pretty waterproof. I've recently (effen aging process) developed trigger thumb- where the thumb only likes to be in a couple positions- anything in between the 2 positions is painful, so I splint the thumb and that alleviates the notchy ness for a bit . I was using gloves to keep the water off the splint but found that the water doesn't even start to loosen or unravel the gauze over the splint. I leave it on for the day with frequent immersions and it's still doing the job. Bought off fleabay BTW- careful one place showed a pic of the pack of 12 in the advert and sent one roll instead of 12! Lesson learned... Regards, Pat