CBhvac

Default Heat Keeps Shutting Off

"Frontier" wrote in message
Because, as a layman who doesn't know a lot about heaters, I gave the
information I thought was pertinent. When someone brought up the problem
with a gas line, it dawned on me that the fireplace might be a

contributing
factor.

Your comment about me trying to draw it out was just a bit out-of-line.

No,
I'm not trying to draw it out...just provide information to those who have
chosen to be considerate and provide useful answers or additional

questions.

You have to forgive Chris...he tries to be an ass once in a while, while I
am that way all the time..
He has not figured out how to be point blank, and not pull punches while
discussing things about equipment he is clueless about. Hes nothing but a
hack of all trades, currently fancies himself as a heat and air guy, but
yet, on his new group..(lol) over in Yahoo, hes talking about locksmithing,
and other things that have no bearing on HVAC.

"alt-hvac Moderated" wrote in message
Wow, this gets better all the time. Why don't you tell us this kind of

thing
in the beginning?

I know, you're just enjoying dragging it on. Well, you realize you'll
continue to freeze until you call someone to fix the thing.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"Frontier" wrote in message
To be clear, they did replace the valve back in late-November.

That is interesting about the condensation in the line. Could it also

be
the fact that we have a gas fireplace? Could the fireplace be pulling
enough supply away to "shut down" adequate supply to the furnace?

Thanks for the help.

Roger

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

Frontier wrote:

I am having trouble with keeping the heat on in our home. The heat

will
come on, as normal, but the blower and heat will shut down before

reaching
the temperature at which the thermostat is set and the thermostat

continues
to flash "heat" as if it thinks the unit is still on. This normally

happens
when the outside temperature gets below about 20 F.

We called in the heating people and they determined that the valve

was
shot
from doing a test that showed that little gas was getting to the

furnace.
This was right after Thanksgiving. We had a warm spell and it

seemed
be
working OK, but the last few days have been colder and it is

happening
again.

SNIP

It could be because there is not adequate gas supply.
It's not uncommon for gas service lines to freeze up
in very cold weather due to condensate in the lines.
If so, this is a utility problem. In any event,
I think I would begin with a call to them; they are
often very helpful.

Jim