Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The Morris battery. Again.

In article , Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
scribeth thus
On Fri, 11 May 2018 18:07:54 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
On 11/05/2018 12:09, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If the teacher felt that they were being cheeky (what he called
'insubordinate') he would generally deal with them appropriately.

Appropriate is subjective. I had teachers that yelled, teachers that
struck with metre sticks, and one who regretted yelling when a boy
punched him in the stomach sending him sprawling across the floor.

I used to find assembly amusing. First we would be told about
Christian forgiveness, then the names of those who must report to the
headmaster's office would be read out. I never imagined that they would
be there so he could forgive them...

My life was changed for ever one day in 1964. I wanted to leave school
and go to a tech college, in order to eventually get a job in
electronics or broadcast. In order to do this I needed documentation
from the school head. I knew he would be displeased because if I left it
would be one less in the GCE class, of which he was very proud. I
knocked and waited, but there was no reply. Then from within I heard the
sounds of an almighty beating. The repeated swish-crack of the Head's
notorious cane; shrieks of pain, sobs, pleas for mercy. My nerve was
gone and I slunk away. I never returned to that door. I didn't transfer
to the tech. I stayed on at school, and eventually became a teacher. Had
I approached the Head's door at any other time I would had had a
different life thereafter.

Bill

We had a hard barsteward as a head teacher he was three miles high and
around two wide any implement was used to wallop you with, being sent to
stand outside his door was not the place to be. If that wasn't bad
enough he smoked like a blast furnace and the stench in there was enough
to gas you as well.

BUT..

We learnt to behave and not to repeat our misdemeanours thats one good
thing!..

So you're not scarred for life as the modern-day moaners say happens with
corporal punishment?
You mean to say he hasn't screwed up your life and filled you with hatred,
making you need to see a psychiatrist every week?

No and Nope;!...
--
Tony Sayer