Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Floor molding advice needed.

"OFWW" wrote in message

I have a new wall dividing a room made with steel studs, like you
see on most commercial jobs.

Problem is with the floor molding attachment. I know nails should
be fairly worthless there, or so I would think, so it would seem
that some sort of gluing would be necessary but how would I be able
to ensure a tight fit to the wall short of using screws with the
attendant filling problem? Or am I just looking at this all wrong?

Practical advice is needed. Thank you in advance.

Use trim screws... they are designed for this. They have a very small
head and the trim can be filled like it was a finish nail.

For example

https://www.fastenersuperstore.com/p...RoCge8QAvD_BwE

That's what I was thinking. You're filling either nail heads or screw
heads-- same amount of work.
X-nailing in the sheetrock will suffice where there is no stud.
IIRC, metal stud construction still has a sole plate to screw into.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--