Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Morris battery. Again.

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2018 11:11:40 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
Not that I think turning the engine around had any effect on the
battery position as such - the exhaust manifold was at the front (then
at the back), which didn't change the distance to the battery.

I'm trying to remember my many Minis owned a long time ago, but I'd
guess if you could have located the battery at the front, it would have
been where the Minor one is - just below the windscreen. And I don't
think there was room given the carb and filter are there.

See the picture at the link I posted. It was under the bonnet, on the
opposite side to the fan.

Ah - just looked at it. However it does beg the question if the engine end
plate and clutch cover etc with the new transfer gears had the same sort
of space available. I'd have thought boot space on such a small cheap car
more important than weight distribution for handling.

--
*What hair colour do they put on the driver's license of a bald man? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.