Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Morris battery. Again.

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
Not that I think turning the engine around had any effect on the battery
position as such - the exhaust manifold was at the front (then at the
back), which didn't change the distance to the battery.

I'm trying to remember my many Minis owned a long time ago, but I'd guess
if you could have located the battery at the front, it would have been
where the Minor one is - just below the windscreen. And I don't think
there was room given the carb and filter are there.

The Minor has lots of room under the bonnet which might help keep things
cooler. But I never liked that battery position as hot air is going to
find its way to it. Better to have it at the front of the engine
compartment, cooling wise. But not in event of a collision. ;-)

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.