Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Morris battery. Again.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
So clearly the battery *was* originally in the front. This is also
shown by an early photograph of the engine compartment, which shows
the battery (note that this particular version has the engine
oriented the other way round - later changed due to carburettor
icing).

It was a major engineering job to turn the engine round, involving
adding transfer gears.

So spinning the engine in the opposite direction wasn't an option?

It would have seemed obvious. But I'd guess lots might need changing to do
that. Perhaps dizzy, waterpump, cam drive arrangements, and maybe even the
dynamo and starter. Most of which were bought in.

I assumed they added up the costs of changing the engine to run in the
opposite direction and concluded transfer gearing was cheaper.

--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.