C G

Default Digital Thermostat Click

kjpro wrote:

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
George Wenzel wrote:

In article , C G
says...
Don't worry much, that was just the rantings of a "pro" who has been
conditioned to disparage anything a DIYer might use. It helps them
protect their markups.

Perhaps. I just had a humidifier installed on my furnace, and the
installer mentioned that they had a thermostat/humidistat made by Lennox
that could control everything in one place. Thankfully they weren't at
all pushy in recommending it - they only mentioned that it was

available.
I nearly crapped my pants when they said it cost $450CDN.

I think I'll stick with the $45CDN Lux that I bought at Home Depot. It
seems to be working just fine for me. :-)

And even if it dies in a couple years, you can replace it 9 times before
you get to the price of that wonderstat recommended by your installer.

You are really clueless........

Actually, it seems you are.

The thermidistat his installer suggested is a thermostat and a humidistat
all in one.

So?

It's for comfort...........something you don't understand.

No, the heater and humidifier provide the comfort. The control is
allegedly for the convenience of having everything in one place, at a
rather high price. It seems you can't accept other people's financial
priorities without resorting to insults.

It controls several different things on the system as a whole.

At $450 it should wash the dishes and take care of the kids.