kjpro

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"SuperJim" wrote in message
.. .
George Wenzel wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Problem #1..Hunter and Lux, Cheapest of the Cheap. Garbage. Total

complete,
utter crap.

Can you provide some more info? I have a Lux, and haven't had any
problems with it (thus far). It's never made a noticeable click, to my
knowledge.

CBHvac is a licensed HVAC guy. He hates anything that allows a
homeowner to do something on their own, since if you can go out and buy

your
own thermostat and install it yourself he won't be able to charge you $300
for the stat + $120 to install it. In addition he won't be able to get a
foot in your door to sell you new equipment you probably don't need.

If, you knew CB, he's not like that.............are you??

I have a Hunter stat myself for over 2 years now, haven't even had to
replace the batteries yet. My folks have had a Lux for at least 3 years
now. Never a problem. I have however seen a Honeywell fail (that's why I
have a Hunter stat now).

If CBHVAC had his way, you wouldn't even be able to buy air filters at
the local hardware sto You'd be hiring and paying him $300 every three
months to do the job.

$300 every 3 months??

Damn man what kind of filter do you have?
Most people need to replace their filter monthly.
(unless they have a special media filter)
But, even then it depends on the conditions.

Want proof? Look how most of the technical trades have

"Apprenticeship"
systems in place: It doesn't take 5-7 years to learn a trade like
Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, etc ... unless you're mentally retarded. The
apprenticeship system is really just a regulator of sorts to keep supply

and
demand in check within the workforce under the guise that it somehow
improves safety. Sadly, people who would otherwise be brilliant working
certain trades are turned off by having to work under sub-standard wages

for
such a lengthy time.

Here in Ontario one has to go through 5 years of an Electrical
Apprenticeship to get their license. By contrast to get their gas and oil
licenses, they need only take a 4 week course (full time) and pass a test
(50% is considered a pass, as I understand it). The instructors of these
courses know what's going to be on the exam, and train the students only

on
that content since failures can get them fired. Why is gas and oil like
this in Ontario, and Electrical is not? Because the labour rates in HVAC
here were going through the roof. Electrical rates are on the rise too --
BUT they have a strong union here.

Sorry if these seems like a rant, but the constant self-serving

whining
by some of these so-called pros about how homeowners should just sit on
their hands and do nothing really gets to me some times.

jim

Sorry that you are so damn CLUELESS!!

--
kjpro

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!