Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Floor molding advice needed.

On Thu, 10 May 2018 14:01:08 -0700, OFWW
wrote:

I have a new wall dividing a room made with steel studs, like you
would see on most commercial jobs.

Problem is with the floor molding attachment. I know nails should be
fairly worthless there, or so I would think, so it would seem that
some sort of gluing would be necessary but how would I be able to
ensure a tight fit to the wall short of using screws with the
attendant filling problem? Or am I just looking at this all wrong?

Practical advice is needed. Thank you in advance.

If the drywall is on this will not work, putting some 2x4 blocking in
bottom of the wall before the drywall.

Gluing "tacking with a few finish nail til the glue dries" would work,
aim above the bottom steel stud.

Most commercial install use that vinyl glue on stuff.