Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default The Morris battery. Again.

On Thu, 10 May 2018 14:20:03 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2018 12:39:00 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Harry Bloomfield harry.m1byt@N
OSPAM.tiscali.co.uk scribeth thus
on 10/05/2018, Bill Wright supposed :
I helped a friend (a friend in need...) who had a similar problem in a
motorhome. For some bizarre reason the starter battery was in a locker
instead of in the engine compartment. It wasn't all that far but
during a start the voltage at the starter motor was about 6V. In the
end we put the battery back where it should have been and that fixed
it.

Many people do not understand volts drop and just how serious a problem
it can be at such low voltages. They base their calculations simply on
the current rating of the cable and even the pros ignore volts drop..

Me Audi A6 has a boot mounted battery and thats right at the back with
some sort of switch relay in line but still works fine, pretty thick
cables tho...

The original Mini had battery in the boot (a sod to top up). Of course,
the cable didn't have to be all that long to reach the front...!

(to get guaranteed weight over the back wheels, which tended to lock up
when braking)

BMW have still to learn RWD is ****.

--
TEACHER: Clyde, your composition on "My Dog" is exactly the same as your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.