Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default The Morris battery. Again.

On Thu, 10 May 2018 20:39:32 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

On 10/05/2018 16:57, Graeme wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
On 10/05/2018 10:04, Graeme wrote:

It is a problem those of us involved with old toy trains are well
aware of, using up to, say, 20v/5amp, but more usually 12-15v/1amp.
Even with longer track lengths (36 inches) and good, tight rail
connections, the difference across an oval can be substantial,

An oval? I thought it was two semicircles connected by two straights?
For an oval you'd need an infinite range of differently curved tracks,
wouldn't you?

YKWIM :-)

I had a ferocious geometry teacher. He would point to an ellipse on the
blackboard and ask the class what it was. Anyone who said it was an oval
regretted it.

Did they get spanked?

--
Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.