Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick the antique guy Rick the antique guy is offline

Default Floor molding advice needed.

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 5:01:10 PM UTC-4, OFWW wrote:
I have a new wall dividing a room made with steel studs, like you
would see on most commercial jobs.

Problem is with the floor molding attachment. I know nails should be
fairly worthless there, or so I would think, so it would seem that
some sort of gluing would be necessary but how would I be able to
ensure a tight fit to the wall short of using screws with the
attendant filling problem? Or am I just looking at this all wrong?

Practical advice is needed. Thank you in advance.

O.K. Just a Thought I have used these Made by GRK available at True value
They hold well and have about a 1/8-3/16 head with a torx .
You can easily drill a 1/4 ' pilot hole 1/4' deep in Your molding or baseboard and Screw it in it will easily self tap into sheet metal and conceal with wood filler Just a bit larger than a large finish nail.
If I'm correctly understanding Your aplication and What You may be up against these may work for You.
Here is just a Pic on another website. The GRK web adress is painfully long.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TrapEase...50VG/300227399

I Dunno OFWW if this helps You any!
rick B.