Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth Sleeving for 10mm T+E?

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Adam may shed some light on this, but the only time I can think you'd
want to separate conductors in a device is for locating a suspected
fault. There's no routine testing I can think of that would need that,
*except* if you needed to isolate a branch because it had a sensitive
device on the end. If the device *is* the sensitive part, you might take
it off and stick a terminal block on the end of the wires.

You don't twist the bare line or neutral together along their length
inside a box, so why do it with the earth?

--
*Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.