Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default quality bandages

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 1:18:23 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

anyone find a bandage that will stay put even if it gets wet

Not so much the bandage, itself, but Aerozoin spray is used to help a bandage and/or tape stick and stay stuck. Often, for nicks, scrapes and cuts to my hands, I spray a bit of Aerozoin on a Q-tip, rub it where the bandaid tape will be placed, allow to dry a few seconds, then apply the bandaid. Stays stuck all day and beyond showering, if need be. Long ago, Aerozoin was sold/known as ToughSkin, used a lot by ball teams for/when applying bandages or wraps of various kinds, for skin or injury protection of sorts.

Benzoin is used on canker soars and on delicate skin sites as a "skin toughener"-like assistant or wound cover (of sorts), until the skin heals.

Not sure, but both products should be available over the counter at your local Rx.

Sonny