Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] MacBook with external Windows keyboard - layout mappings

On 10/05/18 19:15, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm quite impressed with the general smoothness of MacOSX (coming from
Linux) and it does, for the most part "just work".

I was for about aÂ* year until it just 'didn't work' and NO ONE could
tell me how to fix it.

I wnet back to linux MINT and was instantly bacl in a plavce where stuff
could be nade to work

Oh indeed - linux is the most flexible OS there is (maybe BSD, but I
have no experience...)

But when your objective is "run commercial software x,y and z" Mac does
make sense.

We have 1 shared Mac. It was not cheap (even with discount) - so we use
our other chromebooks and linux laptops for "consumer/everyday" stuff
and pass the Mac around for the stuff it does well.