TURTLE

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"j j" wrote in message
.. .

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

I read what you said and what CBhvac said about clicking
being normal. That may be true but if there was much of a
click I would hear it as mine is in the hall with a straight
shot of about 12 feet to my ear. So after saying that my
Honeywell doesn't click, I decided to check further. I put
my ear about 1 inch from the thermostat and raised the
desired temperature 4 degrees. The furnace came on. No
click, no noise of any kind at the thermostat. My honeywell
does not click!

look, this is simple
there are many different kinds of heating systems and they use different
voltages.
My thermostat doesn't click either but it only works with 12 volts.
there are thermostats that work with 120V and a mechanical relay can drive
more current than a transistor

This is Turtle.

JJ , we are talking about clicking and not voltages. We are talking about
residentiual hvac system and the voltage are limited to 24 volts or less to
control with. If it comes under commercial you can get the 120 volt
thermostats / Line voltage thermostats. Most line voltage thermostats will
click for they have heavy terminals to call for the 120 volts on the
controls. The 24 volt thermostat don't need to click for there is maybe at
most 1 amp of power to turn on.

Clicking on residentiual equipment has nothing to do with the voltage to
choose operate at but more of the quality of the thermostat you have.

You have me on the 12 volt control of your system. i would like to know what
type uses this 12 volts to control with. I know 250 mill-volts to 750
mill-volts , 24 volts, 120 volt, 220 volts, and 480 volt but 12 volts just
gets by me here.

TURTLE