Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] MacBook with external Windows keyboard - layout mappings

On 10/05/18 17:33, Theo wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
I can change the layout generally, and bugger up the inbuilt keyboard's
map - but I cannot for the life of me work out how to use 2 keyboards at
once with the correct maps applied to each.

Have a look at Karabiner Elements. You can modify keyboard events from
specific keyboards. So it will allow them to work differently, but you
might have to manually create mappings for the keys you want.

Theo

Cool - Thanks Theo.

It's only a few things that are wrong - "@ are transposed, # buggered
off and a few similar examples. Shouldn't take long.

I'm just really quite surprised if MacOSX is too dumb to handle this
natively - external keyboards, especially Windows layout, are not a rare
thing to jack in to any laptop.