Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Thu, 10 May 2018 03:47:14 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/09/2018 01:27 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:45:09 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:34:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/05/2018 04:13, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2018 03:43 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's not so much the water getting out as air (well hydrogen) being
created from rust inside the radiators and blocking the flow of water.
Why can't someone invent a water pump that can cope with an air bubble?

Switch to steam heat; the radiators have air vents.

All water central heating radiators have air vents. If they didn't,
they'd have lots of air inside them.

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

It has been 50 years since I was around a radiator but the ones we had
in my high school had some kind of vent on the side that seemed to be
letting air/steam out a lot.

In theory, just air. When they're old and sticky they help humidify the
room.

I released one once at work and was unaware that the water would go in a different direction to my home ones. M'colleague got soaked with a high pressure jet.

--
"I've never claimed to be anything more than a simple person" - Ronald Tompkins, circa 2013.