Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 5/10/2018 1:14 AM, rbowman wrote:

https://www.rpi.edu/dept/physical_plant/boiler/

Apparently the boiler is still alive and well. There was a network of
utility tunnels throughout the campus and as a plus some of the
sidewalks stayed snow free. Of course, students weren't supposed to be
in the tunnels. One memorable evening I had a Kampus Kop yelling 'Stop
or I'll shoot!'.Â* I chose not to believe him and kept on going. My
leather jacket came away second best with scars from collisions with
various sharp brackets.

Many of the buildings were from the 1904-1916 era with the physical
plant to match.

That is a nice setup. Takes a lot to put it together and keep it running.