j j

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

I read what you said and what CBhvac said about clicking
being normal. That may be true but if there was much of a
click I would hear it as mine is in the hall with a straight
shot of about 12 feet to my ear. So after saying that my
Honeywell doesn't click, I decided to check further. I put
my ear about 1 inch from the thermostat and raised the
desired temperature 4 degrees. The furnace came on. No
click, no noise of any kind at the thermostat. My honeywell
does not click!

look, this is simple
there are many different kinds of heating systems and they use different
voltages.
My thermostat doesn't click either but it only works with 12 volts.
there are thermostats that work with 120V and a mechanical relay can drive
more current than a transistor