HvacTech2

Default Digital Thermostat Click

Hi George, hope you are having a nice day

On 21-Dec-03 At About 00:04:06, George E. Cawthon wrote to All
Subject: Digital Thermostat Click

GEC From: "George E. Cawthon"

GEC You are right, there was no click with my digital Honeywell
GEC thermostat. Can't really imagine there would be one with any kind
GEC of electronic thermostat, wouldn't they all use a solid state
GEC switch. Why would anyone put the mechanical relay, if there is one,
GEC in the thermostat instead of at the furnace. There may be a click
GEC at my furnace but there is so much other noise when it start that
GEC you couldn't hear a click without having the furnace cover off. A
GEC mechanical relay in a digital thermostat sounds like a real design
GEC flaw.

There are several models with mechanical relays. there are several reasons
for this. one is to make it compatible with millivolt systems. the other one
is to keep the bleed through down which causes some unit circuit boards
problem so it isn't a design flaw. it is a plus.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... Of course there's a God. What else explains Speedos?

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail