Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:53:08 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2018 00:33:53 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 19:04:36 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 04:50:06 +0100, rbowman wrote:

I had a flat in an old brownstone that had three fireplaces, one fake,
one real, and one with a gas log. The real one was handy for breaking up
the furniture and tossing it in on cold nights. Twelve foot ceilings,
marginal heating, and lots of glass, it was a real Victorian wonder.

Those were built before we invented this crazy idea that we must be cosy all the time. Humans are warm blooded.

I am pretty much that way. I am OK from about 65 to 95 in shorts and a
T shirt. If it gets much colder, I put on a hat.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Florida%20b...20Michigan.jpg

Ah, a sensible person for once. Although that photo seems to contradict itself - a cosy hat and gloves, but shorts and tshirt with no socks?

\
If I was actually skiing I would have socks and boots but that was
plenty to just watch the kids ski.