Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Morris battery. Again.

On Wed, 09 May 2018 16:48:32 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 08:26:21 +0100, Graeme wrote:

In message ,
writes
You could buy a used one on eBay. Just did a search and quite a few
there

Yes, I just looked at eBay, and there are thousands of digital
multimeters, new and used,

I bought a nice AVO 8 on there!

How much did you pay? RS were still selling them new up until fairly
recently. May still do. Over 500 quid. My ancient one is still in good
nick, having recently replaced the stitching on the leather case. ;-)
But it never gets used. Batteries removed to prevent corrosion.

I paid just under £100, and it is in as-new condition, immaculate, with
case. I think RS stopped selling them several years ago, although they
were still on the website.

Production stopped in 2008.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org