Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Tue, 8 May 2018 22:07:22 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/08/2018 02:35 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:52:52 +0100, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 10:05:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why, when we have more efficient central heating systems using lower
cost fuel? They are good in some areas, but not all. My new house
will
have a heat pump but it is a much more mild climate.

I can use electricity or gas. Gas is way cheaper, but you can't run a
heat pump with it. Heat pumps cost about the same to run as gas.

Nearest gas is 1/4 mile away. We use oil.
Ben there, done that. STINKTY stuff!!!
At least the new burners burn a bit cleaner and there is less sulphur
in it than their used to be...

The exhaust is meant to be outside the house?

The best part is when your oil guy falls asleep at the switch and
overfills the tank, dumping a few gallons on the cement floor of the
cellar.

Or fills the basement of the house next door who has removed the
tank to convert to gas - and turned the pipe DOWN - the delivery guy
turns the pipe back up and doesn't realize he has a problem untill he
has pumped significantly more than the tank would have held.

Happened locally.