CBhvac

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"C G" wrote in message
.com...
George Wenzel wrote:

In article ,
says...
Problem #1..Hunter and Lux, Cheapest of the Cheap. Garbage. Total

complete,
utter crap.

Can you provide some more info? I have a Lux, and haven't had any
problems with it (thus far). It's never made a noticeable click, to my
knowledge.

Don't worry much, that was just the rantings of a "pro" who has been
conditioned to disparage anything a DIYer might use. It helps them
protect their markups.

No...it was not a ranting...a ranting is this...

Start of example:

You stupid ****er...You paid for that Hunter and Lux what I can install a
real thermostat for....Lowes sells Honeywells Chronotherm 3s for what?? 89
on special?
Funny...we install them for less....thats parts and labor.

End of example.

Now, what I WAS trying to do was give you real world advice from someone
that sees more in a day than you might EVER see.
I also offered to help you out, and had you asked, I would have offered to
send you a decent stat for less than you can get it for at Lowes...BTW...my
markup..LOL...I wish you could see the markup...its much less than you
think, but if you knew what real wholesale was, and not what you see on the
internet, then you might understand how bad you get screwed at Lowes, and
Home Depot, and the like.
BTW, I just installed a 94% gas furnace for under $1000 for a customer...the
next closest bid was $3400....think about that for a moment, and then, ask
yourself why I bother in here when advice in person isnt free.
When you want to slam someone, thats trying to help, get your damn facts
clear, and complete before you make a fool of yourself.

Now....freeze or deal with the click.

Oh...and I just happen to have one of the thermostats I mentioned to you
that was a good unit. Now, if you want it, the markup is 0. You can have it
at cost, but the asshole fee for shipping will kill ya.

Sigh....another homeowner that thinks we are all out to get em...sad
fella..real sad.