CBhvac

Default Digital Thermostat Click

"George Wenzel" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Problem #1..Hunter and Lux, Cheapest of the Cheap. Garbage. Total

complete,
utter crap.

Can you provide some more info? I have a Lux, and haven't had any
problems with it (thus far). It's never made a noticeable click, to my
knowledge.

Replace over 10 a month...
Honeywell...0.

What kind of information do you want? Why they fail?

Easy...many are due to simple installer error. The homeowner goes to Lowes
and buys one and crosses C to W and smoke...
They are also made as cheaply as can be. Open one up and you will find not a
1/3rd of what is in a honeywell....Robertshaw, or any other real stat.
They are the most basic of off and on switches, and while many have good
luck, and I cant see every unit ever put in, we replace on average 90% more
Lux and Hunter stats than any other for reasons like:
Blower wont cut off, normally the switch that controls it breaks inside.
Unit will not maintain set temp: Thermister is reading wrong.
Unit temp varies wildly: Same as above
Unit will not come on: Either installer error, or just plain failure.

Regards,

George Wenzel
--
George Wenzel, B.A. (Criminology)