Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:52:52 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 10:05:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2018 9:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why, when we have more efficient central heating systems using lower
cost fuel? They are good in some areas, but not all. My new house will
have a heat pump but it is a much more mild climate.

I can use electricity or gas. Gas is way cheaper, but you can't run a
heat pump with it. Heat pumps cost about the same to run as gas.

Nearest gas is 1/4 mile away. We use oil.

Ben there, done that. STINKTY stuff!!!
At least the new burners burn a bit cleaner and there is less sulphur
in it than their used to be...

The exhaust is meant to be outside the house?

--
Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North said: "There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this."