Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:17:28 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 19:55:01 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 18:58:33 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 20:01:34 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2018 18:04:44 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 7 May 2018 12:36:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

In some places a swamp cooler just adds to
the already high humidity and is not very efficient. They are best used
in the southwest US. Never saw one in the east.

Putting humidity in the air; in the desert, cools the skin. If outside
humidity reaches ~40=45% they are less efficient and almost useless.
Hard water wears them out, a reason for service so often in summer.

Right now it is 87 F with 10% humidity.(Las Vegas)

I don't believe you on the cooling the skin. Your body sweats to evaporate. Evaporation works better if the air is drier.

I don't vie a damn what you believe. I live in the desert. So **** off
limey.

And your sweating will work perfectly. Dampen the air and it can't evaporate so much. Basic physics.

Not living in the desert; evaporative coolers, shows what a dumb ****
you are.

I understand basic physics, clearly you don't. What on earth makes you think it's easier for your sweat to evaporate when there's already water in the air?

Have you kissed the queens ass today, did she wash it?

I don't see how the queen is relevant, but like most of the UK population I wish the parasite would go away. She's not in power, the prime minister is. She does nothing and gets paid millions for it.

--
The "new labour" government has just announced that they are changing their party emblem from a red rose to a condom, as they believe it most accurately represents the governments political stance.
A condom stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks and gives you a false sense of security when you're actually being screwed.