Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Edgetech Disc sand for TS

Jay Pique wrote:

On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:59:07 PM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
On Sun, 6 May 2018 16:31:52 -0700 (PDT), JayPique wrote:

Has anyone used one of these? I was helping a buddy this weekend and he showed me a video of a guy using one, but I can't find much info - this is about it... https://www.wurthlac.com/storefront/...c/prodET2.html

This really seems like a superior way to edge sand, to me. Leave each edge say a 32nd oversize and sand it dead square and parallel. There is a similar product here...
https://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLP...PARTNUM=95-430

Thoughts? The Woodtek one is $37 and discs are $7 each - you have to set up an account to see the actual Edgetech price.

JP

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/w...mounting-plate

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/freud-cd010

Those appear to be flat discs - for use as a disc sander. I'm interested in the ones made specifically to sand an edge - they have about a 3 degree bevel to the sanding surface, which you then square up to the table of your TS. It looks like Woodtek has one. I was wondering if the Edgetech one was better.
-JP

What is the URL of this elusive video you mentioned: "he showed me a
video of a guy using one" ?
There are several 'flat' TS sanding disc vids on YT. I didn't find
any (table saw); tapered, conical, or convex sanding disc videos.

Master box maker, Doug Stowe, uses a TS tapered disc to 'thickness'
sand small parts: https://tinyurl.com/doug-stowe-tapered-disc

....as does this luthier: http://www.moonlightluthiers.com/conesander.htm

FWIW, Shopsmith offers a 'Conical Sanding Disc' as well
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/c...al_sanding.htm