Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife Jimmy Wilkinson Knife is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Tue, 08 May 2018 01:18:24 +0100, Bob F wrote:

On 5/7/2018 3:14 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/07/2018 12:28 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

[snip]

Why does anyone want humidity? If it's hot, humid air makes it feel
hotter, as your sweat can't evaporate so easily. In cold weather, the
damp cools you down more. So it's never wanted.

Here, humidity is low in the winter. The cats don't like it when petting
is accompanied by electric shocks.

In my college dormitory in Boston, I had to approach my room door with
my key held firmly to take the spark in the winter. If you approached
with your bare hand, the 3/4 inch spark would really hurt.

I've never understood that, I thought the fright/pain/shock came from the current, which is the same if you're holding a key. Yet I can't feel it at all with a key. So is it not actually an electric shock but instead the hot spark?

--
Oh my goodness what a caper, someone's ****ed on the magic paper.