Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 5/7/2018 2:03 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Heat pumps do not always heat enough. As the outside temp drops, they
become less and less efficient. Most heat pumps use electric strip
heaters when outside temps get too low.

Then you need more heat pumps.* I've been told they tend to be 400%
efficient even in winter.* Maybe not if you live somewhere like Alaska
where it's way below zero.* Do you guys say "way below thirty two"?

Why, when we have more efficient central heating systems using lower
cost fuel? They are good in some areas, but not all. My new house will
have a heat pump but it is a much more mild climate.