Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Mon, 7 May 2018 10:39:49 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/7/2018 10:16 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2018 15:51:54 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 10:33:09 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2018 15:27:17 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/7/2018 10:08 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why on earth could an AC unit not run backwards?* You just reverse
the
pump.* Every one I've seen in the UK (commercial and home) has
been able
to do this.* The controller usually has settings for heating,
cooling,
or automatic.* On automatic you can simply set a range (say 18 - 22C)
and if it goes over, it cools, if it goes under, it heats.

For most of us, no need.* We* only use cooling here for two
months.* We
have very efficient central heat and the AC goes into a window in the
summer for cooling only. It can also get very cold here.

In more mild areas, central AC with heat pump is common and works
well.

If you only cool for 2 months, I assume you heat for more than that.
Why wouldn't you want a heat pump for that?* Why wouldn't you want
them both to be the same unit?

You know so damn much, why are you asking us?** Go figure it out
yourself.
I for one, won't educate you.* All you do is turn your troll questions
into
a 300 post thread of BS.

I've pointed out a superior system and asked why you're using the old
one.* I'm waiting for an answer.

Since you are incapable of thinking yourself, it comes down to one thing: $

And not just megabucks - Gigabucks and terrabucks