Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Museums in Ireland/Scotland?

On 07/05/18 17:40, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 6 May 2018 22:26:36 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

On 06/05/18 22:13, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 6/05/2018 11:40 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Sounds like a grand plan, Jon.Â* Don't forget to check out Hogwarts
when you get to Scotland.Â*
Game of Thrones tour, couple other sites TBD, then Scotland, where
wife's family came from.

Maybe check out some of the books on the Industrial Revolution
centering on those 2 countries to get a better idea of who did what
where, then look for history following them. Got a good library down
there?
Got a library... G It's at least a year out, plenty of time for
research.

I'd avoid London if at all humanly possible, if you're touring
England, too.Â* (Beirut is probably safer nowadays.)
Can fly direct to Edinburgh, no desire to visit London, though there
are lots of interesting sights to see.

Jon

---

London is good but I only do it in small doses, you have the benefit of
the Science Museum, the V&A and the Natural history Museum and others. I
can only do about 3 or 4 galleries in the V&A before my mind is
overwhelmed by all the beautiful objects. Maybe consider posting on
uk.rec.models.engineering for more local knowledge.

Terrorist bombings, acid attacks, knifings, shootings, rapes, homeless
refugees on the streets. Yeah, sure "London is good". When is the
last time you were there, David? The crime rate in London just
surpassed NYC recently. Sadist Khan (mayor) is quietly supporting
Sharia Law. Labor is mucking up business, etc.

--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle

Last time I was in London was a couple of years ago and I'd rather go
there than NYC any day even with the current headlines.